Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: new member

Hello. Just joined. I have a '73 Olds, but it's a wagon (Custom Cruiser), not an A-body. But I still like to visit the various Olds-related forums out there. Thanks.

Welcome.. and wagons rule. Im about one year out of a chebby caprice wagon and I loved the thing.
    http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/image.php?u=376&dateline=1137042363

Thanks!

Welcome wagon

Gotta love the old land yachts, in 75 my drunk little league coach would haul most of the team to games in one of those beasts, Ah the good old days. Welcome, post some pics.

Here's some photos of the '73 Custom Cruiser. I purchased it in January 2010 from the family of the original owner. It had 102,000 miles on it (has about 106,000 now). It was repainted in 2005. That was one of the last things the original owner had done before he took ill and ultimately passed away.

I had to do nothing with the exterior except re-attach the roof rack and the front bumper, both of which had been removed for the repaint and then never reattached. On the interior, I had the front seat reupholstered, and I installed new carpet.

He had the rear interior partially disassembled in trying to track down a problem with the tailgate motor. I finally traced it to a bad connection at the rear key switch, and once that was fixed I put it all back together.

Thanks for your interest.

"VERY NICE", is it still a big block car?

Welcome !!!!!!!!

Nice Car, gotta love those Wagons
    2008 Gatornationals D/SA Class Winner

Welcome! Thanks for posting pics of your car! She's a beauty. I love 73 and 74 Olds Custom Cruisers. They are one of my favorite land yachts. Gotta love over 5,000 pounds of Lansing steel and engineering! That 3 way power tailgate is an engineering marvel.
    Gary
    73 442
    74 Supreme
    74 H/O W30
    75 Supreme police car replica DONUTRUN 1/4 mi. bracket car
    01 GMC Sierra Z71
    02 Buick Century

Quote Originally Posted by cutlassjim View Post
    "VERY NICE", is it still a big block car?
    Oh yes, it still has its original 455. I found a photo of the engine compartment in mine. It's been cleaned up some but not completely detailed.

The original owner had removed the A/C compressor to get it rebuilt, but it was never completed before he died. I have the compressor but just haven't gotten around to getting it repaired and back in.

Here's a photo of the engine as it looks now.

Welcome to the forum. Really nice ride!