Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: looking for help

Mesa Arizona but origianally from Pittsburgh PA.

looking for help

Have a 1973 442 with a 1974 front clip. I am unfortunately, after a lot of time and expense, going to have to sell it. Having problems with the engine. Vin # is 3G37M3M154664. It now has a 455 .30 over with a mild cam. Had it rebuilt $2000.00 took out the thrust bearing and 2 rods. Had it rebuilt again $1500.00. Same thing is now happening according to the oil sample. High copper and tin. A lot of money invested dash, carpet, seats, steering wheel, 400 transmission, paint, etc. etc. etc. Spent a lot of money on Ebay. Also have pics. My problem is how much is this car worth? After owning it for 6+ years I know how hard it is to find parts and vehicles of this kind. Not trying to rip anybody off just trying to be honest and get an honest opinion. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Mark

First off, we would need to see alot of good pics. Second, check some of the old posts in the cars for sale section and the internet section to help give you a rough idea. Here's some I found on the net in less then perfect shape. These are running cars.

http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/cto/2889126854.html

http://indianapolis.craigslist.org/cto/2877606644.html

http://nashville.daype.com/autos/car...Ad-625362.html

And taking into consideration that your car has an incorrect 74 front clip which is less then the more desirable 73 442 front clip. And even tho it does have a 455 it will need to be rebuilt or replaced.

Just some things to consider since you asked. Good luck.

Mark, I remember chatting with you right after you bought the car. I am sorry to hear you have to sell it. Did you ever find out what is going on with the engine? Slightly bent crankshaft? Connecting rod(s) not 100% true? I agree with Dennis - post lots of good pics and people can reply with guesstimates of what the car is worth. Your best bet to sell it would be here, Ebay, CL, and maybe some other Olds sites. You may also want to try Hemmings. Your car was originally a 350 with dual exhaust, based on the engine code in the VIN. Your market will be someone who wants a fun weekend cruiser and isn't concerned with non original engine or front clip. Good luck with it.
    Gary
    73 442
    74 Supreme
    74 H/O W30
    75 Supreme police car replica DONUTRUN 1/4 mi. bracket car
    01 GMC Sierra Z71
    02 Buick Century

I have the pics. How do I post them?

pics

cannot locate the manage attachments box by posting a reply under the message box to add the pics or find my old pics.

I'd like some more info and picts. , i would like it for myself possibly. I cannot figure out how to pm you on this site, if you can pm me or someone show me how to pm I will try to contact you.............thanks steven

I click on your name for the drop down that should give me the PM,,,,,,mabey I need more posts before the site will allow it.....Steven

Quote Originally Posted by pghfanone View Post
    I have the pics. How do I post them?
    To post the pics, click on reply. Scroll down to the bottom of the screen and click on Manage Attachments. They have to be a certain size in order for you to post them. Max size for .jpg pics is 146.5kb for example. Anyway, once you click on the Manage Attachments button, a new screen will open. At the top click Choose File. Pick the file or files you want to upload from your computer, then click the Upload button. You can finish typing your reply and then click Submit Reply. The pics should be small thumbnail attached images that people can click on to view when they're signed in. You can attach a maximum of four pics per reply. Hope this helps.
    Gary
    73 442
    74 Supreme
    74 H/O W30
    75 Supreme police car replica DONUTRUN 1/4 mi. bracket car
    01 GMC Sierra Z71
    02 Buick Century

pics

Here are three of the pics that I have.

pics

this is some of the damage. RR from my son clipping a pole in a parking garage. LR from tire sepo, and top of the door panel from the good old Arizona sun. Car also has a restore/salvage title hence the 74 front clip I assume.