Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Info on 74 H/O

Info on 74 H/O

First Off, Thank's to ZodiacBlue442 for getting me involved with posting a new thread, not sure how it was done, so that would lead to me hijacking
    threads, again Gary, thanks this changes everything. Now I will start by saying this 74 has been threaded about before, Started bt Firethorne77 back on 01/26/11 1974 H/O-17k miles-original. All the usual suspects chimed in back then you had 74 hurstolds,damaged442,W451973,jwolds,58thndy and
    so on. I'll start where that thread left off we all wondered what had happened myself included it was on E-Bay and I think it got up to 18k
    I can't remember but I thought the car was from San Diego. This H/O turns up in Scottsdale, AZ at the Russo and Steele Auction (Now I know how some
    of you feel about auctions) Hemmings had tipped me off that it was to be offered at No Reserve I did not attend the auction but I was a phone bidder.
    If you go to the website type in Car Search,Scottsdale2012,Oldsmobile it should come up the price they list included their Commission. The description is accurate not alot of options, the best part of this car
    is the 17k miles and how original and clean everything is on it, I had it at the
    body shop yesterday so my guy could help me with the doors(now they close
    without extra force) he said do not do anything to this car don't try and fix
    the decals leave it as is. What I have done is replaced the leaking Heater Control Valve with a NOS piece I picked up I have added the courtesy lights
    and a glove box light all NOS parts. Being that it is a Non W-30 it lacks the Hurst Dual Gate and thats hard to explain to Car people. The biggest let down was that some one had added Dual Exhaust and their Tire size choice
    was not exactly what I had in mind(24560r14) Now I was going to do Dual
    Exhaust just not Flow Masters. When I got this car it had no plates so I took a pair off my first 73. All and all I am very happy with this H/O it looks good
    and drives very nicely. Any Questions?? I would love to answer any you might have. Thank's for your interest
    Jeff

NIce Score!
    Thanks
    Joe Berenato
    HOCA # 1300C
    OCA # 040318

H/O # 1 Rusty's Restoration page http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3046988
    H/O # 2 W46 "The Pope" http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3815720/1

Thanks for posting about your 74 H/O, Jeff! I missed the car on ebay the first go around. I'll have to check out the Russo and Steele Auction. Awesome that you were able to get it. Man, that black interior is pretty! I love the black vinyl and weave insert. Looks better in black than in white. I wish my H/O was a black interior car. I'll leave it white because it was white originally. I would love to see your H/O in person. Sweet car! I will most likely be bugging you for detail pics, etc. when I get into the restoration of my W30.
    Gary
    73 442
    74 Supreme
    74 H/O W30
    75 Supreme police car replica DONUTRUN 1/4 mi. bracket car
    01 GMC Sierra Z71
    02 Buick Century

That car is super nice and in great shape!

She's a beauty, for sure

Nice. I was just thinking maybe that interior pic will get me inspired enough to put mine back together. Inspiration and time often don't jive.

You shouldn't have to explain to anyone why the car doesn't have the Dual/Gate. If they know anything about a Hurst/Olds they should know that's the way most of the Y77cars came. If they don't know anything about a H/O, they shouldn't argue with the guy who owns an unmolested 17k mile car.
    1974 Y77 Pace Car replica

Congrats! Sweet, that is one clean H/O!!
    Kelvin

'73 Cutlass S - Parts Roller (Registry & Details)
    '77 442 - Being restored (Registry & Details)
    '79 Supreme - Daily Driver|Survivor

Very sweet!! Now, you do realize, you need to change the license plate now!!! Do you know if Olds 74 is taken?
    Bert
    1973 442
    1977 Cutlass Supreme Brougham
    1987 442
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2269451
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2487101

Quote Originally Posted by zodiacblue442 View Post
    Thanks for posting about your 74 H/O, Jeff! I missed the car on ebay the first go around. I'll have to check out the Russo and Steele Auction. Awesome that you were able to get it. Man, that black interior is pretty! I love the black vinyl and weave insert. Looks better in black than in white. I wish my H/O was a black interior car. I'll leave it white because it was white originally. I would love to see your H/O in person. Sweet car! I will most likely be bugging you for detail pics, etc. when I get into the restoration of my W30.
    Thank's Gary! Anytime you are in my neck of the woods let me know. Any help I can lend you with pictures and so on let me know, I saw the pictures of yours when you first got it man you know how I feel about White on White
    and its a W-30 Don't you have the history on your car has far as what dealership it first was sold?

Quote Originally Posted by 58thndy View Post
    Nice. I was just thinking maybe that interior pic will get me inspired enough to put mine back together. Inspiration and time often don't jive.

You shouldn't have to explain to anyone why the car doesn't have the Dual/Gate. If they know anything about a Hurst/Olds they should know that's the way most of the Y77cars came. If they don't know anything about a H/O, they shouldn't argue with the guy who owns an unmolested 17k mile car.
    These so called car guys were not heavily into Oldsmobile's, so knowing it was a H/O they assumed it should have the dual gate, I straightend them out and now they have a better understanding. I'll try and shoot some interior shots you have to find the time sounds like you are inspired enough. Good Luck. Jeff