I want my cars out!!! I wanna play!!!
    Bert
    1973 442
    1977 Cutlass Supreme Brougham
    1987 442
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2269451
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2487101

Quote Originally Posted by zodiacblueS View Post
    That sounds pretty sweet Joe. What is the exhaust system? Stock manifolds to Pypes?, to what? Oh, and should I send you a bucket to sit on?
    Yes Pypes 2.5 downpipes(real nice!)
    Pypes mufflers(ok) I dont have the X or the back pipes connected right now. I cut the transition peices too short and I wasnt happy with my work.
    I'm pretty sure Im going to switch to a quieter muffler. Thrush makes a nice new stainless set. Not sure.
    You can hear the muffler hit the gargae floor at the end of the video. Duhhhh

I have the seats all done but I dont want them trashed when it goes to paint.
    A milk crate slides around to much, I learned that the hard way. I dont want to talk about it! LOL
    Thanks
    Joe Berenato
    HOCA # 1300C
    OCA # 040318

H/O # 1 Rusty's Restoration page http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3046988
    H/O # 2 W46 "The Pope" http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3815720/1

Peter - sounds sweet man! what's your exhaust set up? Stock rocket (motor)?

Quote Originally Posted by damaged442 View Post
    Thanks! The whole house smells like exhaust now...
    Glad I'm not the only one who fills the house with exhaust. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Hurstolds1973 View Post
    You can hear the muffler hit the garage floor at the end of the video. Duhhhh
    Yeah, I wondered what that noise was. Thought maybe it was something in the garage. From the video, the car sounds great and doesn't sound to loud.

Granted it's a different sound in person...still sounds nice.
    Kelvin

'73 Cutlass S - Parts Roller (Registry & Details)
    '77 442 - Being restored (Registry & Details)
    '79 Supreme - Daily Driver|Survivor

Well Ive assigned Olds Homework for the weekend.....lol
    OK Joe, do I get partial credit? No video, but a couple pics. The weather was really nice Sunday. Long time coming! Man it's been a cold, windy, winter. Anyway, the 442 got a little exercise and I took these pics before she went back into the garage. I also played around a little with the photo software on the new Mac. Just added the border for a cool effect.
    Gary
    73 442
    74 Supreme
    74 H/O W30
    75 Supreme police car replica DONUTRUN 1/4 mi. bracket car
    01 GMC Sierra Z71
    02 Buick Century

Peter - sounds sweet man! what's your exhaust set up? Stock rocket (motor)?
    It's bone stock, Kelvin. When I first bought the car, it needed an exhaust system. It has such low mileage that I opted to keep it as stock as possible, at least for now. I went with cat-back duals with a couple of Thrush mufflers. I'm pretty happy with the sound. She's still a stock slob though!

Gary,
    Very sweet! Nice shot with the sun glint.

I hear ya Peter, trying to keep the stock items on the car can tug on your nerves at times. Well worth it if things can be saved/preserved.

Sounds sweet man!

The single exhaust setup is still on my car but I'll be converting to duals when I get to that part of my resto.
    Kelvin

'73 Cutlass S - Parts Roller (Registry & Details)
    '77 442 - Being restored (Registry & Details)
    '79 Supreme - Daily Driver|Survivor

Quote Originally Posted by zates View Post
    Gary,
    Very sweet! Nice shot with the sun glint.
    Thanks Peter. Your car looks and sounds sooooo good too! It's funny how cheap digital cameras can take great looking shots sometimes. I sharpened the image a little and added the border. No other mods were done to the photos. I wish the neighbors trash cans and vehicles weren't in the background of the pic with the sun shining off the 442. It makes the background too cluttered but it's still a neat shot.

How rough was your winter in WI? In Denver, we've had more than our share of strong wind several days over the past couple of months. Some gusts were in the 90 mph range. Jan and Feb were cold and snowy too. Today is going to be 70 degrees and sunny. Tomorrow back to the cold and snow. High 34 tomorrow.
    Gary
    73 442
    74 Supreme
    74 H/O W30
    01 GMC Sierra Z71
    02 Buick Century

Joe, Cool to see Rusty under its own power! I remember when I was chugging my 442 around during the restoration. An old pillow or a couch cushion makes a nice seat. Milk crates are too tall and wobbly.
    Gary
    73 442
    74 Supreme
    74 H/O W30
    01 GMC Sierra Z71
    02 Buick Century

How rough was your winter in WI? In Denver, we've had more than our share of strong wind several days over the past couple of months. Some gusts were in the 90 mph range. Jan and Feb were cold and snowy too. Today is going to be 70 degrees and sunny. Tomorrow back to the cold and snow. High 34 tomorrow.
    Gary,
    This has been the mildest winter I can remember. And I've lived here all of my life. Right now it's 65 degrees in my backyard. Tomorrow's forecast is for even warmer weather. Last winter we got hammered. My snowblower eventually couldn't handle the volume. The year before we had lots of bitter cold days. Typical Wisconsin for sure. I have a niece in Denver and a brother in Buena Vista. They love Colorado! I need to get out there one of these days for sure.