View Poll Results: Gold vs Blue motor

Voters
61. You may not vote on this poll
  • Gold

    31 50.82%
  • Blue

    30 49.18%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 32

Thread: gold vs blue motor

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    213
    Now you won't see any oil leaks. FWIW I told myself last year that I am going to paint all engines Chevy orange from now on.
    Alan
    76 Cutlass Supreme Braugham (3)
    73 Cutlass Supreme
    66 Olds Ninety Eight LS (expired)
    78 Cadillac Seville (350 Olds engine)
    Several Caddys and a 76 Camaro and
    70 Impala Convertible

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Mansfield Mass
    Posts
    353
    Quote Originally Posted by oldsmeister View Post
    Now you won't see any oil leaks. FWIW I told myself last year that I am going to paint all engines Chevy orange from now on.
    Dont tempt me. I've got at leat 5 cans of chevy orange in the garage and the motor isn't back in the car yet.

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,183
    If you can't decide, just mix equal amounts of 455 blue, 77 blue, gold, 400 bronze and w-30 red together, and paint it whatever that comes up to be! That way everyone will be happy, maybe.

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Mansfield Mass
    Posts
    353
    Quote Originally Posted by ebayalias View Post
    If you can't decide, just mix equal amounts of 455 blue, 77 blue, gold, 400 bronze and w-30 red together, and paint it whatever that comes up to be! That way everyone will be happy, maybe.
    Wow! Not sure how you knew this, but that is the exact recipe from Dupont for chevy orange.

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Philly PA
    Posts
    613
    Quote Originally Posted by oldsmeister View Post
    Now you won't see any oil leaks. FWIW I told myself last year that I am going to paint all engines Chevy orange from now on.
    My old man has a thing for F*rd blue- he just built up a 500 Caddy motor, and painted it with his blue..- he does like the cheby orange too..

    When he built my 455 way back, i had to go through his garage and steal all his furd blue and put the Olds 455 blue in its place..

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Mansfield Mass
    Posts
    353
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill G View Post
    My old man has a thing for F*rd blue- he just built up a 500 Caddy motor, and painted it with his blue..- he does like the cheby orange too..

    When he built my 455 way back, i had to go through his garage and steal all his furd blue and put the Olds 455 blue in its place..
    Them Ferd guys love their ferd blue. Hey, whatever blows your hair back. Its not that different than olds blue just like chebby orange is real close to Hemi orange. I actually really dig ferd blue but only on the flatheads. The one thing ferd did right was that flathead. Man that is one kewl motor.

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Philly PA
    Posts
    613
    scary thing is, my old man is mostly an Olds guy... although he has built several chebys, and even a mopar boat motor..

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Mansfield Mass
    Posts
    353
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill G View Post
    scary thing is, my old man is mostly an Olds guy... although he has built several chebys, and even a mopar boat motor..
    Sounds like a wise Man. You really can't beat old Chrysler engines for power. Especially in a boat or motorhome. Hell they were so dominatingly powerful, they got banned from NASCAR in the mid 60's!

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Sherwood Park, Alberta
    Posts
    1,548
    I had to go with blue.





    Ken

    "It runs on gasoline...but it's still electric."

    Oldsmobile Northern Lights Chapter
    www.oldsclub.ca

    1976 Oldsmobile 442 / 455 V8
    http://v8cars.hu/73-77cutlassregistr...=4664fd557339a

    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2057807

  10. #30

    poll

    i dont like this poll because it is not a blue motor for the 455 it is actually a green the color is called hampshire green it just looks blue
    Ace
    75 Hurstolds 76 Salon

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •