Thread: New Member - 1974 Cutlass S

New Member - 1974 Cutlass S

Hey Everyone,

I'm a new member, so I thought I'd introduce myself. I have a 74 Cutlass S that I've owned since the mid-'80s and my parents owned since the late '70s (wow, that really sounds like a long time, even thought it doesn't seem that long!). My father rebuilt the engine in the late '80s when I was in high school, and I put about 10,000-12,000 miles on it after that, but unfortunately it's been sitting in my parents' garage in Iowa, unstarted since around 2001 or 2002. I live about 1,200 miles away from it, but with my father's help, we're going to get it running again and fix it up a bit. Aside from the fact that it hasn't been used in 10-11 years, it needs some body work, as I got hit in the right rear quarter panel the summer before I left for college, and then never got it fixed. I'm hopeful that I can get the body fixed up alright without needing any sheet metal, though.

I'm looking forward to chatting with some of you about the process, and getting some tips here and there about getting it running again, and even looking for some parts that I might need (hopefully not too many!) as I get into the project.

Welcome to the site. My first cutlass was my parents '74 Supreme. It was badged as a Supreme, but everything about it was an S. I loved it so much, I got a '74 H/O as a result. Feel free to post any needs or questions, this is definitely the place to do it.

Welcome!
    Hope you get that bad boy back to its hay day condition soon!
    Thanks
    Joe Berenato
    HOCA # 1300C
    OCA # 040318

H/O # 1 Rusty's Restoration page http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3046988
    H/O # 2 W46 "The Pope" http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3815720/1