Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fng

Fng

Im new to the site but not to olds!!!! I currently own a restored 1970 442 convert and a SX. I see a few guys from this site on classic olds so i figured id join. Of course my pix are too big thats why you cant see any. This site is a little different than classic olds so i do not know how to post pix in this thread. I wanted to post a pic from a 73 HO rotting away in a yard. It a factory guage, swivel seat with power windows. Once i figure out how to post pics on a post i will post it.

Welcome aboard! Love the SX! Keep the pix coming.

welcome brah! Seems like not to long ago I was the FNG.. now Im just another FOG. I like the sound of that 70 442. That was the year of the wicked fast 455 if im not mistaken.. rated at like 400 horses.

Welcome! Like you said alot of CO guys here too!
    Would love to see your car and the 73 H/O of course!
    Posting pictures is just like CO, hit advance and manage pic or upload a url.
    You can not post pictures until you get approved and reach a number of post. I believe its 10........
    Thanks
    Joe Berenato
    HOCA # 1300C
    OCA # 040318

H/O # 1 Rusty's Restoration page http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3046988
    H/O # 2 W46 "The Pope" http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3815720/1

Click on "go advanced" at the bottom of the posting box. Then click on the paperclip icon at the top of the new box. That will allow you to pull a picture off your computer.

Welcome! I'm not a member of Classic Olds but I did sneak over and read the thread about the 73 H/O. Since I'm not a member I couldn't see the pic. Please post the pic here when you can.

The question was mostly answered on the Classic Olds board but if you want you could post this additional info. The U code L-75 455 engine was the mild one and the V code L-77 455 engine was the high performance one. The U code H/O's were option W-45 and the V code H/O's were option W-46. All W-45's had air cond. and all W-46's were non air. All 73 H/O's were automatics and used the TH-400. The W-46's had higher performance TH-400's in them.

If that H/O has a Vista Vent sunroof, that is one rare car. I've never seen a 73 H/O with a Vist Vent although I bet a few were made.

Love the 70 Cutlasses and 442's also! My brother has a gorgeous 70 Cutlass Supreme convertible.
    Gary
    73 442
    74 Supreme
    74 H/O W30
    75 Supreme police car replica DONUTRUN 1/4 mi. bracket car
    01 GMC Sierra Z71
    02 Buick Century

It sounds like i have to be a member a little longer or have to do more post to get the advance to show up. If anybody wants to see my cars or the 73 go to Classic Olds the got to general discussions and scroll down to 73 Cutlass S rotting away.
    I am going to try to buy it if i can find out who owns it as no one has lived at the house for atleast a year by the way it looks. I have left a note in mailbox. If that gets no response then i will mail a letter.

Talking

here she is it has a glass sunroof, swivels, factory guages, no tach, power windows,dual gate, hard plastic black interior is mint and the dash is perfect with no distortion. It is a hurst and believe the original paint as you can still see the gold side and hood stripes up close. The car severly rusted flom the glass up. Maybe the floor board and trunk since the glass leaks. The next time i go over there i will get detailed pictures of the sun roof as i understand could have been an factory or dealer option.

See what you can find out. Someone here would save it I am sure. Heck if you could get it right I might be persueded to drive to Va. But it would have to be real right. I have a wrecked 73 442 that has a good top and left quarter that is waiting to be a donor.

Another alternative is to go to the local property appraiser. They should be able to get you all the info on the owner of the land. It would be a shame to see it hauled off. Heck, with property values as bad as they are, buy the land and get the car!