Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Hello from North Georgia

Welome Doug. You will love the forum lots of good info and great people. Who is painting your car?

Mitchell,
    A friend of mine his name is Keith he has done paint and body work all his life, He got laid off so doing my car and anything else he can find he does great work cant wait to get it finished. We need to get together and meet Im just down the road in Rock Spring.
    later Doug
    dog dish caps anybody???????

Welcome Doug. Was this the low milage car that was on ebay from Wis. I think ?

Yes it is the car had a couple of rust issues but we have taken care of those I drove it home from wis with no problems just a lot of thumbs up from people passing by.

Cool. As little as my vote may count I say stay with the original brown. Add a 442 front end and rally wheels. I do have a set of poverty caps buried in storage. But they are buried and I don't know how soon I'll be able to get back to them. They are way back in the back with Joe's header panel. Post some some pics. Did you also get all the extra NOS stuff with the car ?
    Last edited by W451973; 12-01-2009 at 07:03 PM.

sorry. d/p.

With the high price of red paint it may stay brown. Yes I got everything except the 1/4 panel He said He could not find it in his storage unit but I got everything else.
    Thanks Doug
    2008 Gatornationals D/SA Class Winner

Any other votes on what color to paint the wagon it has tan int. so what do you guys think ??? Would love to have your imput !!!!! Thanks Doug
    2008 Gatornationals D/SA Class Winner

Maroon with silver looks good, Colonnial cream with black would match the interior well. I tend to like the original colors I'd problably stay with brown. Then again I really like Maroon and silver together...good luck with it, should be nice when it's done.
    Paul

Doug-
    How bad is the cost of the red paint you are looking at?

GM has a Dark Mocha Metallic that came out last year on some models. It looks real good.

I know when I went with the Firethorne Irid Metallic back in '06, it cost me about $300 per gal. for just the paint if I am right??? getting foggy on that as time passes.
    Now the reducers and the clear will cost you another $200.

It really depends on what brand you are going with. I used a company called " ICI ".
    One of the auto vendors recommended them and that was the only paint that came close to matching the code on my car. THat was after I had Dupont and PPG mixes made up to test spray on some sanded primed panels to see what it would turn out like.
    Now.. Its as close as today's color codes will be.

You could get that Mocha Metallic from PPG or another provider for less than the red.
    I asked a few of my body shop buddies, and it shouldnt set you back more than $300-$400 per gal.

Now I am sure others out here would give you some places to call to get better prices on paint, clear and reducers.

Keystone was the vendor I used for the materials.

Let me know what you do.

Brown and Green would be cheaper than the red. But if your idea for the project was RED.. then find a way to do it the way you wanted it!!

By the way... The 442 nose... Now that is the shit!. Great idea there