Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tire pressure decal 1977

Thanks all....

If anyone has any trouble finding decals and you can find a reasonable facsimile, for instance in an owners manual or shop manual I may be able to re-create the decal for you.

I was not happy with the '74 emissions decal I bought from somewhere so I re-did the whole thing. ( I have a 74 Cutlass Supreme )

I also made my own Tire decal, blue manuf. date decal, tire change instruction decal, tire jacking instruction decal, A/C compressor decal, Oil filler tube engine desig. decal, and "Keep your GM.." Air cleaner replacement element decal. I've also made some John Deere tech. service decals for a friend.

All of them are absolutely DEAD ON. My emissions decal has some corrections to mistakes made on original repros that were simply static shots of originals and or forensic guesses (I had pieces of my original that totally had different spacing and positioning than the repro I bought.)

I did take a few liberties with things like illustrations. For instance on the emissions decal I straightened the engine illustration and re-positioned (slightly) the picture of the timing mark illustration, call-out and leader. Both the tire decal illustrations are sharper and the biggest liberty I took with that decal was to change the front of the car on the jacking instruction to at least look like a 73 or 4 Cutlass rather than a 70 Impala.

I also made a forensic interpolation of what a Delco Freedom battery label might look like if an original 74 car had it's battery replaced around 1980 or so. Can't remember what year I was shooting for actually but it was a period for which there were NO ILLUSTRATIONS available on line so I made somewhat of a hybrid using the Black and gray theme. I had to interpolate with the warning symbols and adjust the extent of info I thought would be on the technical label. It all turned out fantastic.

Here I am writing this all out and I have no pictures. I'll have to rectify that.

Freedom battery topper

I just bought a Freedom Battery topper for one of my cars from one of the Trans Am guys. I haven't installed it yet as I will have to paint the case on my black battery an off white if I want it to appear correct. I have about 80% of my original 76 emissions decal, the end with the illustration came loose from the shroud and tore off a piece in the wind. I haven't found any repros that look correct. I would be interested in getting one to replace it.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Battery & Emmissions decal

Quote Originally Posted by texxas8902 View Post
    I just bought a Freedom Battery topper for one of my cars from one of the Trans Am guys. I haven't installed it yet as I will have to paint the case on my black battery an off white if I want it to appear correct. I have about 80% of my original 76 emissions decal, the end with the illustration came loose from the shroud and tore off a piece in the wind. I haven't found any repros that look correct. I would be interested in getting one to replace it.
    My apologies as I can't see your name in this response window but I'm sure it will appear after I send

I've seen those battery kits online. In my humble opinion the idea, action, and results of painting a battery, while it may yield decent results at first, will not stand up well to the test of time (unless your talkin' 'trailer queen'), but....what the hell do I know. My car is kind of a test mule for maybe a similar but better one I can get in the future. I keep it outside, don't drive it in the winter but it's pretty shabby looking, except under the hood. I'm sort of honing my forensic minutiae detailing skills and skill for forgery while dreaming of a nicer car. Anyway with the batt sticker I made, I was shooting to replicate the look of a battery that might be the first replacement. Unless you're car is a 10pointer you may just want to do what I did. Aim for that second battery look. If so, I can find a way to get you the ones I made.

If you can access my photo album, I did upload some photos I already had on hand, one shows the battery and I plan on uploading better ones or different ones when I get a chance.

As far as the emissions decal goes. .... it's complicated. I don't do this for a living. The best thing would be to call me, or email me. However, I don't want to leave that info here until I have a chance to read any forum rules or terms of service for this site.
    Either way, we'll maintain contact.
    I'll get back to you.

PS I should ask what exact year and model you have (?)

Help with decals

Quote Originally Posted by rblack View Post
    My apologies as I can't see your name in this response window but I'm sure it will appear after I send

I've seen those battery kits online. In my humble opinion the idea, action, and results of painting a battery, while it may yield decent results at first, will not stand up well to the test of time (unless your talkin' 'trailer queen'), but....what the hell do I know. My car is kind of a test mule for maybe a similar but better one I can get in the future. I keep it outside, don't drive it in the winter but it's pretty shabby looking, except under the hood. I'm sort of honing my forensic minutiae detailing skills and skill for forgery while dreaming of a nicer car. Anyway with the batt sticker I made, I was shooting to replicate the look of a battery that might be the first replacement. Unless you're car is a 10pointer you may just want to do what I did. Aim for that second battery look. If so, I can find a way to get you the ones I made.

If you can access my photo album, I did upload some photos I already had on hand, one shows the battery and I plan on uploading better ones or different ones when I get a chance.

As far as the emissions decal goes. .... it's complicated. I don't do this for a living. The best thing would be to call me, or email me. However, I don't want to leave that info here until I have a chance to read any forum rules or terms of service for this site.
    I'll get back to you.

Hi, Could you please email me at [EMAIL=[/EMAIL] I am needing some assistance with having some decals made and am wondering if you can help.

Thanks,
    Last edited by zodiacblue442; 09-18-2017 at 02:19 PM.
    Gary
    73 442
    74 Supreme
    74 H/O W30
    75 Supreme police car replica DONUTRUN 1/4 mi. bracket car
    01 GMC Sierra Z71
    02 Buick Century

Quote Originally Posted by rblack View Post

I'll get back to you.

My car is a 76 442 with a 350. I drive my car as much as possible and haven't ever had it on a trailer. I, personally, wouldn't worry about painting my battery case and wouldn't think it would be a problem unless the battery leaked or rubbed on something under hood. I know Interstate makes a white case battery, the guy who makes the topper suggested this, but the last few Interstate batteries I had, including two in the boat, all leaked acid so I'm done with those. I will get a picture of the remainder of my under hood sticker and see if it is something you can reproduce. I worked in the printing industry for 20 years and reproduced many one offs and stickers on my own time and it isn't too difficult if there is a GOOD original that can be laid flat in the camera or plate maker. I made a cool Olds sticker for my 67 Cutlass using a 67 dealer match book cover. I will see if I still have a couple around and get a picture.