Thread: Tire pressure decal 1977

Tire pressure decal 1977

Can anyone confirm if it's he same for a 77 442 as a 76. I can find repro's for 76,.not 77'but am pretty sure they must be he same....

I am not positive but should be same. I have new decals 77 from Dr. Decal. You can also try Osborne reproductions, Rubber the Right Way or Ames

Thanks for your help

I don't think dr decal even sells a tire pressure decal for '76 or '77. I've noticed some things they sell ain't always correct for yr specified.
    Jim Osborne does sell one and its listed for '75-'76, DO0396 is their part number. I hv not bought one to even know what it looks like but see it lists GM part 553841 which is same number as one on my '77 so assume it is probably correct for '77 also.
    Also just to add since we are talking decals, how many of you hv the wheel stowage decal on trunk? I don't know why they even sell that reproduction because the only decal in trunk besides a limited slip decal is the jack inst. the wheel stowage decal was removed in '76/'77 so they never had them. Just saying because I've seen many cars with these which is incorrect.
    Jon

Quote Originally Posted by jwsolds View Post
    I don't think dr decal even sells a tire pressure decal for '76 or '77. I've noticed some things they sell ain't always correct for yr specified.
    Jim Osborne does sell one and its listed for '75-'76, DO0396 is their part number. I hv not bought one to even know what it looks like but see it lists GM part 553841 which is same number as one on my '77 so assume it is probably correct for '77 also.
    Also just to add since we are talking decals, how many of you hv the wheel stowage decal on trunk? I don't know why they even sell that reproduction because the only decal in trunk besides a limited slip decal is the jack inst. the wheel stowage decal was removed in '76/'77 so they never had them. Just saying because I've seen many cars with these which is incorrect.
    the stowage decal they sell for non-rally wheels is terrible but the only one available for the 73-75 ... i'm hoping to find a decent original one to have a good copy made..
    ..btw, if anyone has an original tire pressure decal for the 73-75 SALON with standard wheels..(mine is '74- 15" wheels/radials), I'd love to get a pick to have that made as well..

Thanks for info....did not know about trunk wheel stowage

Well I found original '76 decal and is diff., GM# 553840 OA for '76, GM# 553841 OB for '77. Recommended tire size is diff also but decal physically looks same though I guess it was inside glove box lid on '76. Osborne makes one listed for '75-'76 listed as same pt for '77? I just ordered one to see. And going to check my buddy's '75 and see what he has.
    But it doesn't look like anybody makes correct '76 decal at this time.

Just adding I've found another original '76 decal and it is the later 553841 so apparently it's ok too. Maybe has to due with build date.?
    Last edited by jwsolds; 08-18-2017 at 03:43 PM.
    Jon