Thread: Turn Signal Flasher

Turn Signal Flasher

Where would I find the turn signal flasher on my 77 Cutlass Supreme? Owners manual says it's behind the instrument panel. I've looked up there and I just can't seem to find it.

Welcome,
    Its either an aftermarket clear see through or factory silver round unit that is located up underneath the instrument panel above the fuse panel on the drivers side. That's where its located on my 76 Cutlass Supreme.
    Please post a couple pictures of your car when you get a chance.
    I hope this helps
    Eric
    Eric & Christine

http://73-77oldsmobile.freeforums.net/

1976 Olds Cutlass Supreme
    2009 Pontiac G8 Black
    2009 Pontiac G8 liquid red
    2006 Pontiac GP Silver

Thanks but I still can't seem to find it. The flasher for the four-way flashers is sitting above the fuse box but I can't seem to find the flasher for the turn signal anywhere. There's not room for anything else above the flasher for the four-ways.

Eureka, I have found it. The turn signal flasher (on my 77 at least) is tucked up underneath to the left of the steering column. Removed the clamshell off the bottom of the steering column and it was tucked in just to left of the opening. I would share a picture if could figure out how to paste one in here.

Thanks for giving us the heads up on the location. Did it fix the problem you were having?
    Eric & Christine

http://73-77oldsmobile.freeforums.net/

1976 Olds Cutlass Supreme
    2009 Pontiac G8 Black
    2009 Pontiac G8 liquid red
    2006 Pontiac GP Silver

Yes. Once I found the flasher, it took about 2 minutes to swap it out with the $12 replacement I picked up at Canadian Tire. Worked like a charm.