Thread: T-top headliner installation

T-top headliner installation

I'm having trouble with my headliner coming loose from the t-top frame. Anyone have ideas on how to keep the headliner fabric from coming loose? I've tried headliner 3M spray glue. It holds for a couple of months, then it comes loose again. I don't have a headliner bow to hold it up since the t-top openings are there. I didn't know if there are clips to hold the fabric up. I'm going to try a fabric adhesive to see if that will work.

Manual says to use trim adhesive hope this helps
    Attached Images Attached Images

When I put gen 1 in my white car I was able to keep the center bow "T" and still insert into the slot in the inner roof panel. I didn't cut out the entire bow.

Here is a cross section showing the headliner.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I used 3M trim adhesive and mine has not come loose where it meets the top surround.

Thanks,That's good advice to keep the center bow in place when cutting out your headliner for the t-top openings, for anyone who is attempting to install T-tops in your car.
    Meanwhile, I tried an fabric adhesive to hold it in place. If that doesn't work, I'll go with the 3M trim adhesive.
    Thanks, guys.

you probably need to clean off the old glue before trying a repair. It might be preventing a good connection. T-tops have a very small area for adhesive to set. I would try to set a fabric strip to the t-top frame and then glue the headliner to the fabric. And use the brush on stuff in a can. It's much stronger than any spray.