Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 74 H/O Motor Minder Gauge

My 4B 350 74 has the one on left. I just wish it was as nice as that one. 40+ years have faded it badly.

Thinking about how Hurst put these cars together wouldn't surprise me if they used whichever one they could get at the time. Hurst sure didn't take any super pains with them- probably enough to pass Oldsmobile's QC and that's all.
    Last edited by 58thndy; 10-14-2016 at 10:19 PM.
    1974 Y77 Pace Car replica

Still have not seen any data showing this version as a option but if someone wants a NOS one this one is on eBay and for a good price. http://m.ebay.com/itm/252616541129
    Ken B

Hurst/Olds ... For The Man In Motion!

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Olds View Post
    Still have not seen any data showing this version as a option but if someone wants a NOS one this one is on eBay and for a good price. http://m.ebay.com/itm/252616541129
    Sold for $52.88 plus shipping. It was the later version reportedly used in the later 74's and 75 HO. Anyone here win the auction? Approx. $63.00 including the shipping for an NOS motor minder seems like a good price.
    Gary
    73 442
    74 Supreme
    74 H/O W30
    75 Supreme police car replica DONUTRUN 1/4 mi. bracket car
    01 GMC Sierra Z71
    02 Buick Century

I recently purchased an NOS Motor Minder gauge (later type) and am curious if both types use the same mount. The NOS early type gauge and mount I have is buried in a box in the car so I can't readily check it. It would also be interesting to know which type of gauge Hurst was putting in the cars when mine was built (mid-April 1974). I do like the appearance of the later type of gauge better, so I need to decide if I put the later one in, or put the earlier one in that is pictured in the 74 HO brochure.
    Gary
    73 442
    74 Supreme
    74 H/O W30
    75 Supreme police car replica DONUTRUN 1/4 mi. bracket car
    01 GMC Sierra Z71
    02 Buick Century

I also like the looks of the 2nd type better. Gary my car was built around first week of April, car#295 and it has first style as shown in brochure. I only recall ever seeing one other car with this one and all several others seen had the 2nd type. And I would say they use same mount. So for the most part, that 2nd type is the one more commonly seen. Anybody here have the first style? Let us know if known original to car and date car built. Obviously they had both available when the '74s were built but when they changed over or used whatever on hand is anybody's guess.
    Gary go with the one you like, they were both used in '74.
    Jon